Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

With all the pies I've been making lately, it was only a matter of time before I decided to put more than just fruit inbetween those flaky crusts. I came across this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie while flipping through my Lipton Soup Mix Recipe book I picked up a while back at a book fair at work. I decided that with only 4 ingredients (besides the crust), it was worth a shot!

The Ingredients
2C cubed, cooked chicken breast
10oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
1 pkg Lipton Golden Onion Soup Mix
1 1/4 C milk

The Process
I started out by making my favorite, super-simple double crust recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook.
I combined the ingredients, (2 1/4 C flour, 3/4 C shortening, 3/4 tsp salt, 8Tbsp water), split it into 2 parts, rolled the first into a sloppy circle, placed it over the pie pan, and put it aside.


I then took a large chicken breast and sliced and diced it.

And then I put it in a pan with some olive oil to cook until no longer pink.


And then, of course, there was the ever-so-important sauce: milk and soup mix packet. I boiled it for a minute.

Once the chicken was all cooked up nicely, I combined the chicken cubes with the frozen mixed vegetables, and voila:

Once the sauce was all thick and delicious, I poured it all over the chicken and veggies.

Then I did the roll the crust out part again, topped the pie with it, and crimped the edges. Oh, and put a few slits in the top.

I then fed it to the Kelvinator at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.

And then the Kelvinator gave it back up, looking stellar!


The full menu for the evening included a yummy salad and some fresh Rhodes dinner rolls:

1 comment:

  1. oh man... have the table ready.. I'll be there in 10 hours and expect another one just like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete