Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bobo's Chicken Enchiladas

For some reason, enchiladas popped into my head the other day, and ever since, I can't get them out of my head! I was scouring the kitchen for this delicious recipe Mark's Grandma made once, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to try my sister-in-law Sarah (a.k.a. Bobo)'s recipe (that she gave me as part of our kitchen-themed wedding gift 5 years ago - thanks, guys!) that I DID find buried in my recipe box!

I'm always on the lookout for recipes that sound complicated but I know deep down inside aren't difficult, and this looked like one of those recipes.

Chicken Enchiladas
From the kitchen of: Sarah Ropte
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 C milk
1 C low fat sour cream
2 C chopped, cooked chicken (I will shred it)
1 can chopped green chiles
1/2 C chopped onion
12 corn tortillas
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 C shredded monterrey jack cheese
3 C shredded lettuce
1/4 C sliced black olives
1/2 C finely chopped, seeded tomatoes

Combine ingredients 1-3 until blended; Add ingredients 4-6.
Preheat oven to 350.
Spoon 3/4 C of mixture into bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
Brush each tortilla with oil and wrap in plastic wrap; microwave on MEDIUM for 2 1/2 minutes to soften tortillas.
Spoon a small amoutn of chicken mixture onto each tortilla, reserving 1/4C.
Divide cheese evenly among tortillas, reserving 1/4 C.
Roll up tortillas and arrange in prepared baking dish, seams down.
Spoon remaining chicken mixture and cheese on top.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Top with lettuce, olives and tomatoes.

It.Was.Delicious!

I apparently took no photos (or if I did, I can't find them), but if (ok, WHEN) I make them again, I'll post!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment