Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"Windom" Cheesesteak Sandwiches

A few friends and I were discussing cheesesteaks one afternoon, after which I realized I'd never made them before. The discussion focused on how people wrongly classify Philly cheesesteaks, and "how dare they" call a random cheesesteak made anywhere but Philly a "Philly" cheesesteak. I'll admit: I was a tad nervous of offending Philadelphians, so I decided to make a special note that this was NOT a Philly cheesesteak, but rather a cheesesteak made in Windom, or a "Windom" cheesesteak :)

I've never had an official "Philly" cheesesteak, but I honestly am not sure it could top this wonder of flavor. It.was.amazing!

But enough of that...the recipe!

I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and went with it! Granted, I added some red peppers to the mix, and I used sirloin instead of round steak. I'd say it was a HUGE hit!

Step 1: Grill up the steak, onions and peppers

Step 2: Make the garlic mayo

Step 3: Spread the mayo on the buns

Step 4: Add the steak/onion/pepper mixture to the bun, then top with provolone and mozzarella cheese


Step 5: Throw them in the oven for 20 minutes (or until cheese gets melty and bread is crispy

My mouth is now officially watering.

These are absolutely delicious! Absolutely horrible for you, but delicious!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment