Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cake Balls

Oh my word are these a hot commodity lately! I'm almost afraid to bring them anywhere because I end up getting hit up about a dozen times for the "recipe" haha :)

The credit goes to my little sister, Amanda, for introducing these to me circa 2007. She was the cake ball QUEEN in those days, back before her or I had any kids, and we chuckled when our nephew Jacob would come to visit in the summer and just go nuts over these. He LOVED them!

They are SO EASY. It's really not even funny. Or fair. They are absolutely perfect for a bridal or baby shower as favors, and most of the time, the guests end up wanting to take more than one, because they are so.good.

Cake Balls
Ingredients:
  • 1 box any flavor cake mix (and whatever ingredients are required for that, usually an egg, oil and water)
  • 1 can any flavor frosting
  • 1 package almond bark (either white chocolate or regular chocolate)
Instructions:
  1. Make the cake as usual. Let cool.
  2. Cut into chunks and throw it in the blender: Add the entire can of frosting. Blend.
    I discovered this last step just this last time making cake balls, and I kid you not: It was life-altering!
  3. Freeze the batter for approximately an hour or longer.
  4. Roll into balls whichever size you'd like. (I find that the 2 inch balls seem to work best)
  5. Melt almond bark for approximately 90 seconds, stir, then continue to melt in 15 second increments if it is not melted.
  6. Dip the balls into the chocolate and let cool on some wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment