Thursday, August 28, 2014

What We've Been Eating: Early Winter 2014

Cashel really loved the Elmo cake I made for his birthday. It was a total frosting fail, as it ended up bitter when I added so much food coloring to make it so bright red! He didn't care haha

These cupcakes from River City Eater in Windom that we took on our first night away from the boys just before Valentine's Day weekend.

One of my absolute favorite meals of ALL time from Chevy's TexMex: Crispy Flautas with Jalapeno Jelly. I literally moaned through this entire meal, and may have closed my eyes numerous times. SO.GOOD.

Mark had this at Chevy's and was only mildly impressed. I'm pretty sure he wanted to disown me during this meal lol

Superbowl 2014: Mark bought a 5lb bag of chicken pieces...and then proceeded to freeze it...in a 5lb bag. Needless to say, I was really really sick of chicken for a while.

Valentine's Day: Strawberry Trifle

Valentine's Day: Grandma Vi's turkey enchiladas - SO DELICIOUS!

Coffee...and more coffee...and more coffee!!

Kendrick's first food: Peas. He wasn't too fond.

One of our all-time favorite meals at our house: Roast, Potatoes, Onions and Carrots. I only ever just sprinkle a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix in and put it in the crockpot for 8 hours.


This picture doesn't even remotely do this sandwich justice, but SO GOOD! Italian Chicken Sandwiches: A Pinterest Win!

My friend Mandy introduced me to this DELICIOUS country chicken chowder. Cashel refers to it as "soup", and LOVES it!

Blue cake pops I made for my friend Heather's baby shower

Baby shower spread, courtesy of Heather's Mom and sister

Pasta bar night at Minerva's with my good friend Angie!

...and my seconds: asparagus and mushrooms with pesto and garlic

And a truffle from Goodie's to round out the meal :)

Ben Lee's for lunch to meet up with Rach and Nancy

Chinese at Panda House in Worthington: VERY good!

Cupcakes for my sister-in-law's baby shower!

A very blurry pic (sorry) of Easter dinner. I was a smidge busy with the boys to really sit down and enjoy it for long.

A bunny cake for the boys made with love by Aunt Sharon. Cashel and (First) cousin (once removed) Alex loved it!

2 pans of lasagna for our friends Believe me - it tasted better than it looked!

This version, however, was MUCH easier! Another Pinterest Win: 15 Minute Skillet Lasagna.

A special day with my Mama - we had this delicious Meatloaf and stuffing at Sadies Tea Thyme in Fort Dodge for lunch.

Well, I think that's enough for one post. I'll be posting some Pinterest WINs hopefully soon! And no, we really don't eat out that much typically: I just didn't make anything extraordinarily exciting this month that I hadn't already posted about before.

No comments:

Post a Comment