Thursday, September 25, 2014

Healthier Carrot Cake

I got this recipe from a co-worker friend a few months ago, and since I cannot pin it through an email, I'm putting it on the blog! Thanks, Debbie, for this great recipe! This was the recipe we used for Kendrick's 1st birthday cake, although we used a cream cheese frosting for the frosting. It was so decadent and moist, and I had no problem finishing up the extra cupcakes. This is the only picture I have of the cake.

As a side note: This probably isn't a great cake for a mold haha. It didn't really turn out great from the mold. It's dense.It'll be nice to have this in my back pocket this winter when I'm craving something sweet that doesn't pack quite as many calories.

Healthy Carrot Cake
Ingredients
Cake:
  • 4 EGGS
  • 1 ¼ CUP APPLESAUCE
  • 1 CUP SUGAR
  • 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
  • 2 TSP. VANILLA
  • 2 CUPS FLOUR
  • 2 TSP. BAKING SODA
  • 2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
  • 3 TSP. CINNAMON
  • ½ TSP NUTMEG
  • 3 CUPS GRATED CARROTS
Frosting:
  • 1 PKG SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE PUDDING MIX
  • 1 CUP MILK
  • 8 OZ. THAWED COOL WHIP FREE
Instructions
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND POUR INTO 9X13 PAN.
BAKE 325 50-55 MINUTES

1 comment: