Thursday, October 8, 2015

Family Favorite: Country Chicken Chowder

I discovered this incredible recipe when my college roommate Mandy and her daughter brought it over for supper one night shortly after Kendrick was born. It was an instant favorite, and I made sure she texted me the recipe that night after she got home. It is SOOOOOOO yummy, and it is now my favorite soup. Ever. I make it at least every other week for my family, and it's really hard to get sick of it.

Mandy found this recipe in her Betty Crocker Cookbook, and it seriously is just so hearty and delicious!

I love to serve it with Rhodes dinner rolls or bread and butter, and usually the boys gobble it right up. Sometimes I add more than the recommended amount of half and half too (although in the picture I took above, it looks like I had forgotten it when I took the picture...and it's really pretty delicious even without the half and half.)

Country Chicken Chowder
Makes 8 servings
Garnish with garlic croutons and fresh dill
Ingredients
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 small onions, diced
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 small carrots, chopped
2 C frozen corn
2 cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 C half and half cream

Directions
1. Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken; cook until browned. ADd cooked chicken, onions, celery, corn, soup, chicken broth and dill to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
2. Turn off heat, stir in half and half. Cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes or just until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment