Monday, July 26, 2010

Breakfast Greats

I tried my very first attempt at a new breakfast food in quite some time this Saturday morning - Swedish Pancakes.  Remember in my "welcome" post where I said that the things I make don't always turn out so great?  Well, this was one of them.  This time, Google failed me!  Rather, Google presented the thinnest recipe imaginable and while they tasted great, they were less than aesthetically pleasing.  We had them with some of our Schumaker's freezer strawberries heated up (that I froze a couple months ago) and they tasted delicious! 

Here is the recipe I used:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easy-swedish-pancakes/Detail.aspx
Which looked like this (actually, they looked MUCH worse):


And here is the recipe I should have used:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Swedish-Pancakes
which should've looked like this:


Other wonderful breakfasts that I have made in the past include the following (although I will have to search for the recipes in my box in the future to post them):

Pecan Crusted French Toast

Remember when I said that some of the stuff that looks AWESOME isn't as awesome as it looks? This was one of those. It wasn't really bad, but Mark said he'd rather have the stuff below (which is WAY easier to prep!)


Caramel Rolls (recipe from Aunt Sharon!)

This one, I actually know by heart :) Put 18 dinner rolls in a prepared bundt pan and sprinkle cinnamon and pecans over them. Melt together 1/4 C brown sugar, 1 stick butter and 1/2 package butterscotch pudding and pour over mixture. Cover with foil and let rise overnight. Put in the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes (keep an eye on it, because it isn't so awesome when the top gets burnt). A breakfast favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment