Monday, July 26, 2010

My "Fall Back" Recipes

To be honest with you, I'm pretty sure I can't even call this a "recipe" because it's just so EASY! Mark and I had Thursday afternoon off, so I decided to throw in a pork roast for supper. It truly is one of my favorite things, and it's just too easy to not make every couple weeks. My newlywed friend, who is always looking for something yummy to try out for her new hubby asked how exactly you make pulled pork sandwiches. And to be honest, I just "learned" how to make it last summer from my younger brother, Josh. So get ready - this is going to be a long one!

Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches

  • Buy a pork loin of whatever size you want.
  • Rub garlic salt into it.
  • Put it in your dry crockpot and cover with the lid.
  • Let it cook in the crockpot for 8-10 hours on low.
  • It will fall apart if you just shred it a bit with a fork.
  • You can either put it on a sandwich with your favorite bbq sauce, or google recipes for other sauces you can make with such ingredients as molasses, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, etc...
  • If you're on a diet, I kid you not - this stuff is just phenomenal even without any sauce and not on a bun.

I'm no kitchen diva, but Google is one of my very best friends :) I've found many a great recipe with my old friend, Google :)

No comments:

Post a Comment