Friday, March 1, 2013

Chocolate Frosting (via Diane)

There are a very few things that my husband requested that I learn to make, and one of them was his Mom's chocolate frosting. Granted, in my mind, this isn't a frosting, but rather an icing, due to its texture, but he likes it, and I suppose that's all that matters, right?

You start by melting a couple tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.

You then add a couple tablespoons of half and half and stir in.

Once the butter and half and half are blended well and a little bubbly, add in 2/3 C semi sweet chocolate chips and stir until blended.

As I said before, this turns into more of an icing or glaze than frosting (which I typically think of as fluffy and light and what you would decorate with), but it's pretty good nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment