Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night I got a hankerin' for some soup. I realized I needed to use up some chicken broth, and thought why not cater to my soup craving and make some homemade chicken noodle? so I did!

I've made this by a recipe in the past and never has any recipe ever really done it for me, so I now make it to taste exactly how I like it: with LOTS of carrots, celery and chicken, light on the onion and a big bag of wide egg noodles.

I ended up using approximately:
8 large carrots, chopped
6 stalks of celery, chopped
2 medium white onions, diced
1 lb bag wide egg noodles
2 6-7oz chicken breasts, diced and cooked
3:1 broth to water ratio, which was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 6C broth and 2C water
generous seasoning with thyme, garlic salt, parsley and crushed bay leaves





I just threw all the veggies in a stockpot with the water and broth and seasonings, then brought to a boil for about 5 minutes. I then added the egg noodles and boiled another 5 minutes before adding the cooked, diced chicken and letting the flavors blend for a bit.

I'm pretty excited to eat leftovers for a few days now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment