Thursday, August 18, 2011

Swedish Meatballs

I'd like to pretend that the reason I decided to make Swedish meatballs is because my hubby is part Swedish. But truth be told, I made them because they're tasty, incredibly easy, and they make my Swedish stud very very happy :) But in reality, it's a recipe my very non-Swedish mother used to make us very non-Swedish kids growing up, and it's delicious!



Beyond making the meatballs for this recipe, making Swedish Meatballs is so simple it's ridiculous!

Ingredients
1lb ground beef, formed into meatballs
1 white onion, diced
1 sm. package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 C milk
1/4 C or more sour cream
salt and pepper to taste


You make the meatballs (Mark likes to add an egg and crackers to hold it together).
You cook the meatballs in a frying pan until browned.
You sautee the mushrooms and onions alongside the browned meatballs.
You add the milk, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and salt and pepper.
You simmer for 20 minutes.
You serve either over egg noodles or mashed taters (or if you want, a baked tater).

If you aren't a big meat eater, you could make it with just another container of fresh mushrooms and I think it'd be just as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment