Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Last winter I decided to take on the lengthy task of preserving the love letters between my Mom and Dad from their dating years in electronic format. I didn't read through them all, but there was the occasional time when I'd peek in a little to their romance from the 1970s :)

I had to chuckle when I came across passages in two separate letters about my Mom's absolutely incredibly amazing tuna noodle casserole. In fact, in his letter, he mentions how he made 2 batches back to back and can't get enough of the stuff. And in all fairness, if you don't completely hate tuna, it really is THAT good :) And VERY simple.

In a nutshell, you need the ingredients listed below:


And then you basically just combine all but the elbow macaroni in a pan and simmer for about 20 minutes. (I use 1C milk, and the rest all comes pre-measured, of course.)



In the meantime, you boil a package of elbow macaroni and then combine it all in a big pot, salt and pepper to taste, and voila - easy, tasty dinner - again, for anyone who doesn't totally hate tuna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment