Monday, August 22, 2011

Zucchini "Fries"

I have a confession to make: I'm a blog stalker.

There are quite a few blogs I follow via RSS feed, but this one is one I tend to save for a rainy day. When this particular recipe for Crispy Baked Zucchini Sticks came across my plate from Shawnda, a.k.a. "Foodie Bride" a few weeks ago, though, I just had to try it! We did, after all, have a TON of zucchini growing in our garden.

I'll begin by saying I'm ecstatic that we have so much zucchini growing in our garden, simply because this recipe is pretty fantastic!


You start off by slicing up the zucchini however you want. I did mine in slices, but in the original recipe, Shawnda did hers in sticks.

Fill a ziplock bag with 1/4 C flour.

Beat 2 eggs with 1 Tbsp water in a shallow dish.

Combine breading mixture (2 cups Panko breadcrumbs, Salt, Pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper) in a shallow container.

Add the zucchini slices to the bag containing the flour and shake to coat

Using tongs (or your fingers or whatever you want), dip each flour-coated slice in the egg mixture.

Then dip the egg-coated slices in the bread crumb mixture and set aside.


When the slices are nice and golden brown, take them out and let cool for 5 minutes.

Serve with your favorite sauce - we tried Ranch dressing and it was a home run!


Thank you so much, Shawnda for this great recipes! Now we won't cringe when we see large zucchini growing in our garden :)

No comments:

Post a Comment